My Transformation

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'M PERFECT!!! ;o)



If you believe that, then I have swampland in Florida to sell you!!! Funny thing is, many years ago, my parents WERE offered PRIME real estate swampland in Florida...they turned it down...who would have thought the property they would have bought would be where DISNEY WORLD is located today?!? I guess, we should discuss perfectionism because different people will view it in completely different ways.

NOBODY'S PERFECT, and I'm the first to admit it. I make mistakes ALL of the time, so WHY am I writing a post about being perfect? Because I hear that phrase A LOT!! "Cheryl, you don't understand because you're PERFECT!" HAH...nothing could be FURTHER from the truth.



People are constantly telling me that they can't eat properly for all sorts of reasons. YET, they tell me they want to lose weight and need my help. Well, I'm here to tell you that ANY diet pill you take is only going to lead to TEMPORARY results...how do I know? I tried them years ago!! I can also tell you that it took YEARS of eating with unhealthy habits that caused weight gain. So, if it took years to put on, do you HONESTLY think it's going to come off overnight? My transformation was healthy...it happened over time.

Here's the thing, so many people think it was EASY for me, but it's DIFFICULT for them. WRONG!!! It's STILL a learning process for me, and I make mistakes because I'm NOT perfect. Just last month, I spent Thanksgiving with my sister. She made a delicious meal with all the trimmings. Being away from home, I decided I didn't need to worry, so I ate what I wanted to, I didn't eat 5 times per day, and I didn't monitor carbs/protein/fat. Guess what happened?!? I GAINED WEIGHT!!! YEP, perfect me packed on several pounds that long weekend.




So, when I came home, I personally decided to do the Shakeology 3-day cleanse. I figured, I needed something to help me get back on track. I went from 120.7 down to 114.8 in 3-days and I didn't feel like I starved myself! That's right, I lost 6 lbs. I didn't feel bloated, and it helped me to focus on making healthier choices.

It's up to you though. Please don't say I'm perfect, and I don't know how it feels. OF COURSE I DO!!! I've been in those shoes!! I still have clothes that are a size 14 in my closet to PROVE that I do!!! It's not about being perfect, it's about making conscious choices and following through. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

If you are serious about losing weight, I've posted about nutrition a few times, so I HIGHLY recommend you going back and reading those posts. That's a starting point. From there, you'll need to do the following:

1) DECIDE - Make a conscious decision to eat healthier foods and exercising. Even if it's just walking...do SOMETHING!! If you have time to sit on the couch and watch 6 different television programs or spend hours on Facebook, then you have 30 minutes to go for a walk!



2) COMMIT - You'll need a plan. Write it down. At 5:30 p.m., I will go for a walk at least 4 times per week. THEN DO IT! I'll eat 3 servings of veggies per day, I'll eat leaner meats, and I'll eat whole wheat products at least 5 days per week. Then, throw out the junk in the pantry so you're NOT tempted. I guarantee you, if it's not there and you crave it, you're not going to get in your car to head to the store to buy Twinkies. If you do, you'll be questioning yourself by the time your keys hit the ignition! Am I REALLY going to the store just for Twinkies? Every day hold yourself accountable, or better yet, have someone who WILL hold you accountable. If you want results, you NEED to do this!! No maybe, sort of, kinda of attitudes here...JUST DO IT!! You CAN do it and you WILL do it if you want changes!

3) SUCCESS - Ahhhh...here's where you get to listen to people call you perfect! Okay, maybe not, but this is where you will feel a sense of pride that is indescribable. People comment all of the time on the external changes that have taken place in me. They pale in comparison to the internal ones. My confidence level has increased tremendously. My self-esteem is so much higher. Those are gifts that I was happy to gain!

My goal is to help, but if you don't follow, there is nothing I can do. Are you READY for a change? If so, let's DO THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment